Monday, July 9, 2012

Past Portraits by Bonnie Sprung

Here are some images of portraits I have painted long ago, 
back in the early 1980's.
I like to work from photos. 
If I can take the photo myself it's even better.

"Carolyn & Mickey Sprung"
This is an oil painting of my parents wedding photo.
I painted this for their 25th Wedding Anniversary.


"Bell"
This is my Grandmother Bell.... my Dad's Mom.
I've always had a strong connection to her, 
even though she passed away when I was only 2 yrs. old.


"Emmett Kelly"
Here is a time when I was really into clowns. I still love them, 
but I used to enjoy painting them. 
This oil painting was done from photos I found. 

Then Circus World opened and I was super happy. 
I would go often with camera in hand. 
The oil painting below is one that I created from the photos I took.

"Circus World Clowns"

 Like any artist my work has gone through several changes.

I thought it would be fun to post some of the paintings
that still hang in my parents home.

More recent portraits I have painted was for a 
theatrical production of “The Secret Garden” 
at Merritt Island High School. 
These were very large and airbrushed on a shark-tooth scrim.



You can find my newest work on this blog and in my ETSY store.




No comments:

Post a Comment