Sunday, January 10, 2016

Painting for EUREKA Part 1

Upcoming in March 

Eureka! The Moment When Art and Science Collide

Thursday, March 17 at 6 PM - 9 PM

CityArts Factory
29 S Orange Ave, Orlando, Florida 32801

I finally had a chance to start my painting for this show.

For weeks I had sleepless nights on what I wanted to do. I researched what other people have done creatively and some ideas helped some but not really what I was looking for.
Then I decided to continue a series I have been working on since 2010. In this series there are 26 paintings. Most of which are oil/acrylic on muslin. This new piece will be mix media but with the same look just with an addition of foam and wood.

This first photo shows the materials involved. I built a luan covered frame. In the theatre world it would be called a Flat. Then I glued down sheets of white styrofoam that I had used for a couple of theatrical sets I built. 



As you can see in this photo all the white styrofoam has been glued down and drying before the next step and that will be where art and science collide. 



Back info on my series... It's called WATERY LANDSCAPES HIDDEN WORD SERIES. 
When you first look at the paintings you think nice landscape. But then look a little more and then you see a WORD. That's right, these words are motivational. Each letter is created by the trees and plants to create the word. Why motivational .... why not. Some of the words I have used are BELIEVE, DREAM, LOVE, FAITH.. etc.
You can see these paintings on my earlier posts....




http://uniquelysprung.blogspot.com/2012/08/can-you-see-care.html

In this photo I do an outline of the letters. Stay tuned to upcoming posts on the process and the finished work will be hanging at CityArts Factory in March.



No comments:

Post a Comment