Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Round: Small art for a small venue!

On Tuesday, Jan. 13th I sold some fun art. This is a great way to start the New Year. All the art was no bigger than 7 inches. Hence, small art for a small space. Liz Watkin’s of Urban Stew had this great idea to show at Wally’s, a bar that’s been there for over 50 years. And this was the it’s second art show; last year was the kick off with Urban Stew presents Stories from the Cocktail Napkin. Liz decided to recycle her outdoor umbrella that got attacked by one of our hurricanes. In doing so it turned out to be a great way to show the small art.
I decided to recycle CD’ and DVD’s, using muslin, acrylics and fabric dimensional paints. I just had some fun. And they were a big hit; I sold several. Donna M. Suries was another artist also recycled; and her crushed can art was also a big hit. Donna liked my disk art and I liked hers, so we exchanged.




Here are a couple of new owners of some Sprung Original’s. Thanks R. Merrill and Joe. Others were camera shy.
You can find some more photos on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment