Sunday, August 23, 2009

Body Sculpting – Part 6

Super Slow

I use the super slow technique in between sets. Some sets I only do all super slow and sometimes the very last set or even the very last rep. It all depends on my mood and how I want to work a particular muscle.

That also goes for what body parts work best doing super slow. Now you can say all the body parts can be done super slow, but I only like to do certain ones.

Arms is an easy choice on most exercise’s for biceps, triceps and forearms. Chest, I would do only the last few reps super slow with dumbbell presses and even fly’s. Both at a light weight. Barbell presses would be OK to do if you have a spotter. Since I workout by myself, I am limited on super slow. Having a spotter would be helpful to finish off that last rep or two.

Back exercise’s, like pulldowns would be slow on the second half of the rep. Pulling down would be at a normal speed and a slow up and stretch.

I like doing only doing leg extensions super slow, especially the last rep or two. You end up with a nice burn. I usually do the first 8 to 10 reps at a normal speed and the last 2 reps Very Slow. Same goes for leg curls. All the reps for calf raises are done at a super slow speed. Once again a really nice burn.

So I go by feel when I work out. If I want that extra ooomff to the muscle, I put in a super slow set.

Your muscles will wake up.


No comments:

Post a Comment